Washington Musings

Tuesday, November 14, 2006



Hi Guys and Gals.

Ok - time for confession (and no - it's not what you think). The only reason I have taken a couple of days to tell you all this - is that I didn't want to steal Monty's thunder.

Anyway - in May, I met a girl here in the US and we started a friendship - which turned into a relationship. Her name is Destiny and she lives in South Carolina (some of you know this bit already.) Anyway - the relationship progressed to the point that she is now going to be moving up to Washington to live with me....and we are already talking of becoming engaged in the New Year at some stage.

Now, before I met Des, she agreed to become a surrogate mother for her cousin through IVF treatment as the cousin can't have kids. So in February - she took IVF treatment and after I met her - she told me that she was pregnant and what she was doing. But, under the contract - her cousin was supposed to provide financial assistance during the pregnancy owing to Des giving up Law school and work. This did not happen - and a couple of weeks ago - Des informed me that she was going to keep the baby when she had her. (yes, a little girl called Abigaile Olivia.)

The photo is of Des and Abigaile - now 1 day old.

Now for you cynical ones out there - and I know that there will be a couple - I have thought this through and thought that I have a wonderful relationship with this lady - Amy has met her and liked her (which is something that she has never done with any of my past girlfriends) and I have come to the conclusion that I have been hurt many times in the past and it was time for me to be happy again. If it meant meeting someone that was going to have a new child, then so be it. I had a few moments of indecision for a while - but I have worked through these and I am looking forward to a happy relationship. So - in part - I guess I am going to be a Daddy (of sorts) again and at the same time - my step-sister back in NZ had a baby boy this morning our time as well - I am also a new Uncle. (my Dad remarried a year or so ago and his new wife had a daughter - hence the step-sister bit)

So - in saying all of that - I hope you guys will support me - be happy for me - and wish me all the luck you can manage. You guys know that I had a bad time over in NZ - and I moved here for a new start - I just didn't know that things would turn out like this. I AM happy....and it's been along time coming.

Love you all - and I'd like to introduce you to Destiny and Abilgaile.

Axel






5 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Nice going, Axman......good lookin' family.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Gareth and Cheryl said...

Hey matey,
We have ever only wanted you to be happy and if you are we can only say FINALLY!! Hee hee
I would also like to add "wow" and "congrats", all the best and your a Daddy!!!
Love to you and your new family
Cheryl, Gareth and Brianna

9:01 PM  
Blogger Gareth and Cheryl said...

Hey matey,
We have ever only wanted you to be happy and if you are we can only say FINALLY!! Hee hee
I would also like to add "wow" and "congrats", all the best and your a Daddy!!!
Love to you and your new family
Cheryl, Gareth and Brianna

9:01 PM  
Blogger the Moonlites said...

Congratulations and all the best to you, Des and Abigaile.
Great looking family. Please post pictues and keep us updated. If you ever get to Texas make sure you look me up.
Mike P

5:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Tony,
As long as you're happy mate, it's all that counts... follow your heart and be honest, you'll go well.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home