Washington Musings

Sunday, April 16, 2006

#1



Well, where to start.
Washington DC. After all those years of hoping to come to the USA to work, I'm here. Been here for a little over 8 weeks now and I haven't tired of it yet. Beautiful city actually. The people are mostly friendly. Everything is realitivly cheap compared to New Zealand and with the NZD going down against the Greenback - it works out well.
Have been doing quite a bit of driving round, funny that - it is my job I guess - and the only real pi$$off is the taxi drivers that decide that they want to stop in the middle of the road and hold up traffic for a couple of minutes while they negotiate a fare. So far I haven't been late for any jobs - so I guess that is a bonus.

Missing home a bit though - no matter how bad Comms was, it was a good job and a satisfying one when you did a job well. Of course I miss Amy too. The good thing is, is that we are talking quite often and emailing too.

Well, that's it for now - more to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home